Sunday, October 23, 2011

A Future Teacher's Hypothetical Situation

Let us say that I am already in my first year of teaching and there is a student of mine who is struggling in reading. So I ask for help from a fellow educator because I want to help and I am always open for advice. However my co-worker feels that my student is a "late bloomer".  Knowing what I know and how I feel about the term "late bloomer", I will respectfully disagree. I would say something such as "Well I don't think so. I think giving my student further help will be most beneficial for him in many ways." If my associate asks how would I help the student I would probably say I am not sure. I will have some researching to do. However thinking about this for a while I might instruct my student to take home some phonics flash-cards to gain further practice in matching sounds with their appropriate letters. As far as the classroom is concerned, I plan on including more senses in my instruction. I want the child to hear the sounds of letters as well as feel the sounds by holding his hand under his chin. I also want him to be involved by engaging in physical activities that involve phonics and give the student some one-on-one help. With these tactics and more I feel I can help not just my hypothetical student but most children who need to gain further training.

No comments:

Post a Comment